As an Accounts Assistant at Conversant your primary responsibility will be to work directly with the sales and account management teams to ensure smooth invoicing of customers as well as working directly with clients to ensure prompt payments. Working under pressure, you’ll deliver to tight deadlines and be able to juggle multiple priorities. You will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager in the UK, but also build relationships with the wider EU/SA team.
Conversant is a world leader in digital marketing. We’ve done what marketers have dreamed of for years, introduced a single platform that offers all the data, technology, insights and personalization it takes to make true 1:1 communication real. We couldn’t have done any of that without our team and a culture that celebrates each one of them.
We help famous brands enhance their connections with consumers and unleash their digital sales performance through cutting edge technology and decades of experience. We’ve invested over $1 billion and united five industry leaders - ValueClick Media, Greystripe, Mediaplex, Dotomi and Commission Junction (CJ Affiliate) - to launch and lead the Age of Personalization.
Here’s what we believe in at Conversant:
- Ownership – We’re determined to make an impact – a big one – every day.
- Integrity – We treat our clients, customers and co-workers with genuine respect.
- Teamwork – We believe everything worthwhile is achieved through collaboration.
- Innovation – The status quo bores us. Everyone is encouraged to think differently and invent relentlessly.
- Credit control - Take the responsibility for debt collection procedures, sending invoices and statements to EU clients
- Preparing files for automated invoicing and reconciling to source reports
- Input daily cash receipts to enable smooth running of Prepaid accounts
- Dealing with queries – liaising with sales and account management teams as well as with customers to ensure prompt payment
- Manage the process for approval of Credit Requests and ensuring that credits are processed in a timely fashion.
- Support colleagues in their daily accounting task in the preparation of month-end accounts (Reconciliation of bank accounts, customer deposits etc)
- Ability to reconcile complex customer accounts and “think outside the box”
- Ad hoc duties – Assisting with various tasks and projects throughout the finance team as the need arises.
- French speaking
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to understand and learn new systems quickly
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Outgoing & driven