A little bit about DUO Marketing + Communications…
We are a full-service PR and digital marketing agency for B2B technology companies in Africa.
We have an unstoppable desire to learn and grow, with an unrelenting focus on quality. We are driven and expect everyone to take responsibility for their actions.
We hire smart people who are driven by growth, humble and hungry to deliver tangible, return on investment (ROI) value for our clients.
Team - the tribe - is at the core of everything we do, and we take the time to learn from each other, support each other and celebrate our wins.
At DUO, we believe that if you work hard and are effective during office hours, there is no reason why you should be working after hours and/or over the weekend. If you want a balanced lifestyle, it’s yours to create at DUO.
The job on offer:
We are currently looking for a senior account manager with strong client management experience to join our team in Johannesburg.
Principle job responsibilities:
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic input and manage the developments of plans for up to five Enterprise Tech clients simultaneously
- Share your knowledge, process and results with the team ongoingly for knowledge transfer.
- Write technology orientated press announcements with the support of our professional content specialists
- Co-ordinate and manage Digital marketing campaigns for optimum results
- Quality assure delivery of the team and it’s outputs including proposals and pitches
- Facilitate strategic client workshops
- Assess the success of plans in implementation
- Build strong personal relationships with the media
- Facilitate knowledge sharing events for the DUO team
- Build the DUO brand through networking and attending the required events
- Act as a final escalation point and facilitate successful problem resolution
- Monitor expenditures against budgets to ensure targets are met
- Key relationships; clients, suppliers, copywriters, media
- Monthly reporting
- Administration of accounts (records, billing etc.)
- Knowledge Management
- Select and Ensure training and orientation of new employees
- Ensure a seamless working environment by providing effective cross-functional communication
Qualifications and experience:
- Matric - essential
- Relevant tertiary qualification. Degree preferable - essential
- Drivers licence (and own transport) - essential
- Six+ years’ relevant working experience - essential
- Solid understanding of local tech landscape - essential
- Existing tech and business media relations - critical
- Press and digital writing experience - advantageous
- Experience using Google docs and Asana - advantageous
- Benefits (all only after probation)
- Prioritising work-life balance. No weekend work or after hours work encouraged
- Payment of market related salaries and annual increases
- Annual performance bonuses driven by the achievement of Key Performance Indicators – given that the company makes its targets too. We have a 12 year track record of paying annual bonuses for staff that meet KPI’s
- Annual performance and career discussions
- Personal Career Development Plans. Focus on individual career development
- Training – monthly at various levels including leadership training for those selected
- Knowledge sharing sessions monthly presented by internal or external resources
- Access to Industry and PR related events (budget allocated per individual)
- Consultants and partners to call on when we need (e.g. HR, journalists, industry thought leaders, financial guru’s for RA’s and saving strategies)
- Bonus leave over the Christmas and New Year period bringing total leave to 20 days per annum
- Bonus leave on birthdays
- Ad hoc and ex gratia reward and recognition thank you like flowers and/or vouches and duvet days
- Team connecting times for fun activities; lunches, spa days etc
- Flexible work hours policy. T&Cs apply.
- Tribe incentive policy which is customised to each individual’s motivators and reward requirements
- Providing a pleasant physical work environment and work tools conducive to productivity
- An incredible client base who truly value our service offering. We don’t tolerate abusive client (or staff) relationships and you are protected from this at DUO at all times
- Respect and integrity are critical to our eco-system.
- Technology must be in your every fibre
- You must be able to self-manage
- Quality of output must be at your core. Seriously… quality rules at DUO
- If you join our team, you will be given total control over your career and your success; don’t expect anyone else to manage this for you. You will need to have lots of energy, be personally-driven, results focused, resourceful, able to deal with issues directly and willing to accept full responsibility
- Team is at the core of everything we do, so you must be someone who will never abandon a team mate and who is comfortable letting others win/ shine
- You have to be in it for the long-haul. There will be bumps in the road and success depends on your ability to adapt, be flexible, change gear when needed and be reliable