Getsmarter is a world-class online education provider, who is looking to hire a young ambitious graphic designer/illustrator to join our creative team. You will be working directly with experienced Art Directors, and Graphic Designers, Video Producers and Learning Designers. The main purpose of this position is to define, conceptualise and produce graphics for GetSmarter’s educational materials, for our local and international university partners. A strong competency in vector illustration is necessary. We’re fast paced, constantly evolving and there is enormous opportunity for growth.
* You will need a superb creative portfolio to apply for this position, so please be sure to send it with your submission, or you won’t be considered.
- Create conceptual designs and infographics for course materials, including, but not limited to, editorial content, videos and presentations.
- Define distinctive visual styles for individual courses that speak to the overarching brand style.
- Collaborate with Learning Designers, Videographers and Learning Technologists to understand project needs.
- Develop methodologies and principles around educational graphics.
- Collaborate with the marketing team including, copywriters, marketing managers, videographers and other designers to understand project needs.
- Maintain a high standard of execution and attention to detail in all aspects of visual design, and ensure consistency at all times.
- Manage time effectively and adhere to deadlines.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the company at all times and ensure the brand’s integrity and consistency is always maintained.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in graphic design and illustration required.
- 3-6 years work experience in relevant field is preferred.
- Experience working on educational/e-learning content advantageous.
- Technical knowledge and proficiency of computer programs essential: Adobe CC
- Essential proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Knowledge in Adobe Edge, After Effects and Dreamweaver is advantageous.
- Attention to detail and organisation skills essential.
- Ability to think conceptually and interpret information and data appropriately.
- Ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines essential.å