Billions of people in emerging markets are coming online for the first time, most of them via mobile phones. Many have limited or no access to financial services.
JUMO combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere. We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs.
A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Copywriter to join our Customer and Brand team to focus on JUMO Campus and other exciting intiatives.This position will be based in Cape Town and will report to the Chief Customer Officer.
A well rounded copywriter with technical understanding and creative style to produce high-quality copy and training material that contributes to the overall success of our brand by optimising and enhancing our learning material and content on JUMO Campus for internal, customers and partners.
- Develop high quality copy that is easy-to-understand, audience appropriate and insight driven for user interfaces, guides and training material.
- Work with internal teams (design, product, marketing, customer and strategic partnerships) to obtain an in-depth understanding of creative, product, customer, partner strategic imperatives for copy development
- Define a consistent voice and tone for the JUMO Campus brand
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Ensure accuracy and consistency across all written copy on customer and partner facing interfaces, elements and training material.
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to explain concepts clearly
- Well rounded communicator (creative style and technical understanding)
- Exceptional planning and organisation
- Teamwork and ability to work across teams
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle a variety of deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications or similar field
- Proven experience in writing for customer facing digital, creative elements or training material
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and develop copy to explain these as simply as possible
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with technology industry