Ninety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency, with its head office located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and Managing Director, Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Capitec and Distell, to name but a few. We have a position available for a user interface designer.
Visual product design
- Translate wireframes and flows.
- Visual UI design and asset preparation for production.
- Work closely with the user experience lead to craft the best possible interfaces and experiences.
- Produce product marketing visuals.
- Keep the team updated on product design trends and best practices.
- Work closely with external design partners and agencies to produce integrated customer led digital products
- Create prototype interfaces using tools such as Framer, Origami, proto.io and marvel.
- Assist the design team and product managers in the conceptualisation of viable and disruptive product ideas.
- Innovate using existing and emerging technology.
- Identify potential opportunities for new products as well as product, user interaction and design improvements.
- Drive customer-led design thinking across omnichannel digital channels.
- Adhere to and improve customer service levels across businesses and services.
People and finance
- Drive customer-centric culture, processes and way of working.
- The ability to iterate over designs, accepting feedback from product managers, developers and design colleagues.
- The ability to look at a problem holistically and from many angles to ensure the right thing is being built, right.
- Work as part of an Agile product team to coordinate application development and delivery.
- Communicate well and honestly.
Formal qualification requirement
- Bachelor degree/three-year diploma or equivalent experience in commerce, engineering, marketing or advertising
- Experience and proven success in user centred design and UI design tools
- Skilled at the visual design of digital products, including but not limited to: Mobile applications on Android and iOS and Responsive web.
- Knowledge of applications such as Sketch 3, Adobe Creative Suite and Invision.
- Communicating interactions using motion design principles as relates to user interface design