This role is perfect for an experienced communications Writer who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company.
The sense of impact and reward will be huge. You will help to build a product which makes a very real difference in the world. Be a part of delivering socially responsible financial services to the masses; make it possible for students from more than 150 countries to obtain the finance to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools.
We are a small non-hierarchical team; this means that you are going to get exposure to all aspects of our business immediately. You’ll gain as much accountability as you can handle and have a huge influence on scaling the company.
Our team is very international and very sociable; you will interact with the broader business on a regular basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
One of our goals is to build one of the top FinTech teams and cultures anywhere in the world. This means putting a lot of time into ensuring we only hire people with exceptional potential and creating the best working environment possible. If you want to work somewhere where you’re learning from some of the best brains in FinTech, this would be a good fit.
You will join our global Marketing team, where you will play a lead role in producing written communication to our international customers across all touch-points of their journey to becoming a borrower of Prodigy Finance loan products.
You’ll work with teams across the business to help deliver the right message in the right way, as a champion of user experience and a customer advocate, managing the entire process from brief to execution. You will help set our written tone.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- Develop communications plans, copy and content calendars for customer facing programs, product announcements, marketing campaigns and community newsletters
- Provide a consistent voice for communications and customer facing product experiences including conversation structure, ideal phrases, and navigation ideas
- Manage briefs from stakeholders across the business, translate their objectives and requirements into engaging and intuitive customer facing communications, and deliver with consistency across distribution channels
- : customer facing communications drafted by stakeholders
- Work closely with the cross functional Communications team to improve customer journeys through their lifecycle, and create copy for all touch-points including our digital platform, email and SMS
- Work closely with Product and UX to improve copy through testing
What you will be measured on:
- Ability to generate value by creating written communications that delight customers
- Create a voice for Prodigy communications, and champion that voice through the company, helping others write correctly and more on-brand
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, producing large volumes of quality written content in a short space of time
- Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders across different teams
- Desire to continuously strive for improved quality through optimisations and development of test campaigns
What you need to be great at:
- Copywriting; excellent writer, editor and experience in delivering written communication
- You obsess how language is used throughout a customer experience
- You are comfortable moving between multiple projects and maintaining a consistent voice throughout
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills, proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Customer empathy. You need to be passionate about customer experience and obsessive about ensuring that we communicate clearly and effectively with them
- Relationship builder able to build and foster excellent working relationships across a number of teams including Marketing, Business Development, Operations and Product
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Team player; motivated by a fast-paced environment; a growth mindset
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- 2-4 years’ experience in a customer communications, copywriter role
- Strong copywriting skills, with a portfolio of writing to demonstrate your ability
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you’ve got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as you set up processes and frameworks for us to grow into. If you haven’t worked in a start-up before, you need to show us that you have a real desire and potential to be successful in a young, high-growth, non-corporate company
- Experience working in financial services or compliance regulated environment