The purpose of this role is to attract and engage targeted audience across the top of the funnel – Social Media. Hence to create: reach, frequency and length of content consumption with a greater variety of content securing a healthy mix of target audience appeal on most relevant social channels and cross channel journeys. The social media manager is also responsible to build engaged communities and lead community interaction.
In 1987, Red Bull not only launched a completely new product, it created and has led ever since a whole new product category, Energy Drinks. Nowadays Red Bull employs more than 11500 people in over 171 countries, selling over 6 billion cans a year. The World of Red Bull provides the forum for you to use your talent and passion, to develop yourself and make an impact. Find out why we’re different.
The Social Media Specialist at RedBull South Africa:
- Ensures Red Bull is engaging its key target audiences across the top of the funnel – the Social Media Channels, driving conversion down the funnel to Owned Platforms (redbull.com & Red Bull TV) – directly or indirectly
- Secures consistent, brand adequate and inclusive tone of voice. Drives emotional reaction.
- Optimizes channel adequate scheduling and content commissioning, builds relevance for cross network themes following the horizontal programming strategy
- Ensures all Red Bull Social channels are best in class in terms of experience, performance and delivers against business objectives
- Builds and enhances community management, upgrading consumer relations
- Defines and grows the social content creator program, ensuring that we bring new storytelling talent into our Network and open new audience potentials
- Increases internal understanding of new and distributed media, ensuring all content is suitable for the ever-changing distribution landscape and act spearhead for social innovation
- Extensive Social Media knowledge and expertise
- Marketing background or affinity to marketing
- Extensive experience in social content commissioning and creation
- Excellent industry knowledge
- Social native
- Analytic thinking, high affinity to data, with ability to translate into strategy and concrete initiatives
- Story teller
- Excellent internal Communication and Social skills
- Strong written language skills with additional South African languages a plus.
- Curious, open, creative
- Leadership skills – to lead network of external contributors and channel managers, good presenter and motivator
- Problem solver