takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented CRM & Email Marketing Manager to join our team in Cape Town. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, curation and maintenance of Takealot’s promotional email and CRM briefs and content.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Email Send Schedule - In collaboration with the broader Marketing and Retail teams, you will be responsible for designing the weekly email send schedule to meet the required targets and Retail priorities.
- Email Campaigns - You will be responsible for conceptualising, briefing and executing Takealot’s commercial Email and CRM campaigns. This requires all emails to be accurately and timeously briefed, designed, approved and deployed. This may require work outside of standard business hours and will be managed accordingly.
- Audience Segmentation & Database Management - You will be responsible for selecting and segmenting Email audiences to achieve optimal campaign results. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the maintenance of the subscriber database (incl. unsubscribe and preference change requests)
- Reporting - You will be responsible for completing the weekly and monthly email statistics to report on campaign level performance versus targets. In addition, you will be responsible for ongoing feedback to the retail team on the success of their department newsletters and ensure that key learnings are documented and carried forward.
- Email Marketing Strategy - Together with the broader Email and CRM team, you will be responsible for proactively researching and evaluating existing email and digital marketing solutions to assist with the Email Marketing Strategy.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Capability to present ideas succinctly in writing and verbally
- A grounding in Marketing and Communication principles
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Creatively minded with an ability to craft numerous campaigns across multiple departments
- Solutions-oriented with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for using data to inform marketing decisions
- A strong working knowledge of Google sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- A passion for using technological solutions to improve performance
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with enterprise level email automation tools (Salesforce, Exact Target) advantageous
- HTML Skills (advantageous)
- Bilingual (advantageous)
- A minimum of 1+ years working in Email Marketing and/or related Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Marketing or related field
- Experience in e-commerce environment (advantageous)