Telkom’s Consumer and Small Business Unit is hiring a Customer Analytics Specialist.
Responsible to execute data analysis, modelling, tracking and providing strategic and analytical insights as well as comprehensive reports to improve our campaigns, product and maximize monetization. This will be done by developing a variety of models including churn models, segmentation models, regression models and propensity models. Responsible for managing the analytical needs of the commercial division across the different products and sales channels and customer value tiers. This also includes defining KPIs to measure and track for a given campaign, create insightful automated dashboards and data visualizations to track key KPIs and trends against campaigns.
Enable/ support CPM Campaign Management operational needs by sourcing data from DWH, operational and other BI environments - to execute direct campaigns (30-40%)
- Perform deep-dive post-campaign analytics to determine campaign results, short/ long-term changes in customer behaviour, commercial impact, revenue cannibalisation, etc.
- Develop and implement statistical models, such as response, survival, write-off and attrition models, to improve campaign efficiency in both acquisition and retention through targeted marketing
- Conduct campaign segmentation and pricing analysis and financial forecasting by utilizing value based models and pricing optimization
- Develop and maintain predictive/ propensity models, segmentation models, etc.
Work closely with the campaign management specialists & segment heads, to monitor the deployment of models in campaigns to continuously improve base management performance (20-30%)
- Liaise with the IT team to industrialise the production of models
- Develop, maintain & operationalize customer value, lifetime and profitability segmentation
- Support Product development with deep-dive customer analytics, market sizing, and revenue impact assessment - in developing new products/propositions/ business cases
Deliver strategic insights that translate into actions, to various business areas (considering customer analytics, overall market conditions/ trends, primary/ secondary research, etc.) (20-30%)
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting - in support of various commercial units
- Translating business requirements into analytics and insight generating models
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, data mining or any applied quantitative qualification (at least NQF level 6).
- 2+ years exp in a fast paced, data centric,
- analytically driven commercial or marketing environment.
- 1+ year of experience in campaign analytics.
- 1+ year exp in modeling in the telecommunications industry, Banking or Insurance or any other data driven industry.
- 2+ years exp with databases, applied statistics, research, MIS or BI reporting.
- Expert level experience with Excel (pivot tables, complex formulas, statistical analysis).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, R, Python, Spark, SAS.