You are accountable for developing, implementing and managing the national customer strategy for your portfolio, aligned to the channel strategy, which maximises and capitalises on sales opportunities. You own the customer relationship. In close collaboration with the Marketing, Customer and Operational teams, you need to achieve our growth targets by building and maintaining successful, commercial business relationships. You are dedicated towards improving the capability of our Customer Manager and Sales Operations teams and creating a great place to work.
- Understand the customer, category, competitive and business trends to develop, implement and monitor a national account strategy that includes robust sales activities, investment plans, discount strategies and customer activity grids.
- Analyse, compile and review performance of account plans incorporating competitor, category & shopper dynamics to deliver maximum sales and profit.
- Negotiate, implement and monitor customer agreements.
- Negotiate and control the implementation and payment of the national trading terms agreed upon with the national buyers and senior executives of the relevant accounts to ensure all the agreed elements are being adhered to, to deliver maximum profits, sales and customer ROI.
- Through the joint planning process, develop and manage the implementation of customer initiatives in the commercialization of innovation projects.
- Negotiate, control and implement the annual national account promotional plan & budgeted spend ensuring alignment to the company’s annual marketing plan.
- Complete pre & post evaluation of ROI of all national account promotions to ensure maximum commercial effectiveness.
- Train sales, customer / trade activation people on the use of available data tools and how to turn the insights uncovered into actionable sales strategies and tactics.
- Manage expenses and co-ad within agreed budget.
- Over 5 years’ customer / key account / sales management experience within FMCG
- Experience in managing major national accounts
- Finance sales experience (promotional budgets, trade budgets, revenue forecasting, etc
- Influencing Others – you are customer relationship obsessed. You use a strategic and consultative sales process to align with customers. You formulate your own opinions on commercial issues and communicate these in a compelling way to build support.
- Owning It – you have a thorough understanding of category, competition and customer and you challenge and push back to ‘make it happen’ for the customer.
- Developing Myself and Others – you build the best customer management team by creating an environment where individuals thrive.
- Staying a Step Ahead – you have a comprehensive understanding of innovations that will elevate our game with our customers.