This exciting opportunity within our refreshment’s category is responsible for driving shopper based thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders. This includes execution of the shopper component of brand marketing/customer and category plans, using a target approach. Additionally, responsibilities unique to the Channel and category dynamics to drive execution and operational excellence.
The Shopper Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Brand team and agencies as well as the Channel & Category, E-Commerce and Trade Category Teams. Other key relationships will be with the Customer Management team (for Retailer engagement) and Unilever Field Sales (for execution) to effectively deliver activations, innovations and customer collaborations.
- Drive shopper thought leadership that increases, develops and sustains Unilever and Category growth opportunities.
- Drive Shopper Mission and Shopper/Channel understanding in all plans, activations, and innovations that deliver long-term consumer behaviour change, incremental sales and build brand equity.
- Leads execution of shopper based plans that are rooted in shopper and consumer insights aligned to brand/category objectives.
- Work closely with key internal / external stakeholders to execute shopper marketing activities against key objectives.
- Adopt, Adapt and implement Global Best Practice of point of sale (POS) material to deliver best in class POS that delivers value for the retailer, is shopper based and drives incremental sales.
- Ensure “best in class” executional excellence of Shopper Marketing Plans through clear briefs to internal and external executional teams.
- Clear brief to field team on all execution of the instore activities
- Manage activity budgets
- Lead a rigorous and transparent post-evaluation analysis of specific activations, initiatives that guide the business on its success based on agreed KPIs.
- Shopper marketing planning- Developing plans that drive shopper strategy
- Shopper engagement – working with customers and agencies to create and execute shopper programs
- Shopper impact Evaluating and learning from SM programs
- Shopper insight – knowing shoppers and shopping and translating it into action
- Degree / Diploma
- Minimum 3 years relevant Shopper marketing/ marketing experience
- Experience in working with Point of sale (POS) and execution
- Account management/Consumer Insights and experience outside FMCG is an advantage