We are seeking the expertise of an Account Manager with solid agency experience.
The Account Manager interacts with clients, external partners and internal team members as an effective strategic partner. They clarify and develop project objectives, identify challenges and potential risks and serve as a guide for the implementation of strategy by upholding key metrics for success.
The Account Manager should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business (objectives, risks and strategies) and its marketing goals, applying them to strategic direction for projects. Risks and dependencies will be communicated to the internal team and client as necessary. They should also demonstrate an equal understanding of NATIVE VML’s business objectives and strategy and live by the values instilled.
The Account Manager must identify opportunities for growth and maintain an ultra-responsive, get-it-done mentality. Working directly with the Group Account Director, they are responsible for ensuring success across all functional teams and overall client delivery.
- Working on accounts for high profile consumer brands, with the opportunity to expand as the team and client portfolio grows
- Building strong working relationships with clients, external partners and suppliers while delivering against tight timelines and budgets
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, own the delivery and quality of projects for clients based on deep technical understanding of the digital landscape, trends and opportunities
- Quoting, billing and achievement of all campaigns within client budgets
- Negotiating and managing contracts
- Annual and quarterly Account Planning
- Managing client expectations effectively
- Effectively applying digital understanding to the creative process
- Overseeing creative delivery
- Identifying client growth opportunities
- Sales and effectively growing client relationships
- Understanding and interpreting of Clients’ business and requirements
- Strategic input at a senior level and understanding of strategies developed for Clients
- Achievement of agency budgets
- Sound financial management of account
- 3-4 years’ agency experience as an Account Manager / one to two years’ digital experience running projects in agency is absolutely essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of ATL and online, including search marketing, digital media, platform development, advertising, CRM and emerging technologies is essential
- Ability to manage and effectively deliver on multiple campaigns/projects with fast turnarounds
- Experience in strategically analyzing and solving client’s business problems
- Experience with managing budgets - a bit of a number cruncher
- Post-matric diploma, degree, qualification in marketing communications or business – a plus