Yoco is growing and so is our Brand Marketing team!
Content Marketing will unlock the gold that exists within our merchant base through content strategy and creation of various types of downloadable or online content and blog articles to expand Yoco’s digital footprint, awareness, community, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of multi-channel and content marketing across the entire customer journey; excellent writing, editing and curation skills and the ability to balance strategic and tactical responsibilities.
Make a difference to the South African economy by providing businesses with the tools and support to grow their businesses and revenue streams whilst building an eco-system of entrepreneurs and small to medium business owners. You will gain exposure to the inner workings of a fast-growing startup. From day one, you will be given the opportunity to drive innovation and execute strategies that will take Yoco to the next level.
- Partner with growth, brand marketing and sales teams as well as product marketing to develop a content strategy and editorial calendar.
- Use data and insights to derive relevant content which will appeal to Yoco’s various buyer personas.
- Turn the Yoco Blog into a complete, comprehensive and valuable content resource tool for our current and prospective merchants.
- Experiment with new content formats and innovative methods to deliver and present content and thought leadership
- Create and optimise content on website and blog to drive and grow traffic, build brand awareness, solicit prospect interest and engagement, and generate demand.
- Produce ongoing blog content to support and promote offers, events and campaigns to attract site visitors through search, social media and email subscribers.
- Manage, measure, track, and report on content metrics to evaluate campaign results and effectiveness across channels.
Key requirements to perform responsibilities successfully:
- Marketing degree or diploma or equivalent relevant working experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a content creation and strategy role.
- A strong portfolio of original writing, preferably both B2B and B2C.
- Experience with creating a content strategy that aligns with marketing, sales, and product goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to articulate ideas and persuade stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of online & digital marketing techniques for inbound marketing.
- Knowledge of website and email design and conversion optimisation is a strong plus
Bonus points/nice to have:
- Previous experience in Fintech.
- Experience with SEO is desired, from implementation of on-page SEO best practices to creating content around highly-trafficked SEO terms.
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns