Yuppiechef is South Africa’s premier kitchen and homeware retailer. Based in Westlake, Cape Town, our big vision is to build the world’s best shopping experience and to make retail better.
Customer expectations for excellent service have never been higher and the most important element of our business is our customers.
Without them, we would not exist and making their customer experience enjoyable and satisfying is essential to our success.
Providing top class customer support helps make our company stand out and we are looking for an experienced agent to join our team.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about ensuring a customer’s experience is consistently satisfying
- understands that excellent customer support is an advantage in a highly competitive market
- can collaborate across multiple teams
- is persuasive without being pushy. Our customers are well-informed and come to us for expert advice
- can act as a guide - allowing the customer to be particular and discerning in their choices while offering advice and direction for their needs
- promotes loyalty by encouraging customers to return
- is consistent and assertive across all interactions putting customers at ease
- has the ability to adapt to customer expectations by reading their cues and framing assistance in the right way for them
- remains calm under pressure
- enjoys finding solutions for customer queries and team processes
- embraces change as continuous improvement and agility in our offering
- has good general knowledge of cooking, food, kitchen equipment and entertaining
- can effectively self-manage their time and priorities
- Managing customer expectations, requests, queries and concerns across a variety of communication channels (phone, email, live chat and calls)
- Working in a collaborative manner across various teams within the business
- Ensuring customer orders are fulfilled as quickly as possible
- Confidence in a customer facing role
- Experience with multiple communication methods and excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills and high level of comfort working on various software packages
- Exceptional listening, analysis, written and verbal skills
- Previous traditional customer service experience is not essential but a strong passion for providing exceptional customer service is